TEMPLATE BEGINS Harriet Miers's Blog!!!: MY PHILOSOPHY

Harriet Miers's Blog!!!

The blog of the #1 nominee for Associate Justice to be picked by the #1 smartest President to ever withdraw, in all of history!!

Thursday, October 13, 2005

MY PHILOSOPHY

Everyone is talking about "What's my philosophy." A good example, The Hot Line, which is kind of like The Note for insiders. This is from the Blogometer:
the WH and the RNC appear to be caught off-guard at the overwhelmingly negative response to the Miers pick. Mehlman was caught a bit flat-footed at times; on several questions, he could do little more than reiterate that she would explain herself at the hearings, that her "philosophy" and "character" were sound, and that they had to trust Pres. Bush's decision. ... Mehlman sought to quell concerns by promising that she would "lay out her philosophy."

Well I think this has gone on long enough!! Here's my philosophy, its simple really.

FOLLOW YOUR HEART!!!

Thats all there is to it!! OK that's all for now folks!!

(PS I really really want to talk about the Drudge Report thing but Dan says I have to withhold comment at this time as he put it... to people who have emailed about it, sorry but I really do have to witthold comment.)

9 Comments:

  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger McSomething said…

    Harriet

    Forget about Drudge, he's fruitier that Carmen Miranda's hat and will shortly be consigned to the firey hell-pit where he and his fellow-travelling Hershy hardhats belong.

    In the meantime you keep your "Sunnyside Up" philosophy a-brewing. You remain an inspiration to us all.

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger Judy Miller, girl reporter said…

    Harriet,
    I love your philosophy. It would make a cute slogan on a tee shirt, only with a heart shape after the word you're. Can you wear tee-shirts on the bench after your confirmed? Maybe you could stencil it on the back of your robe like on a high school letter jacket. That would be AWESOME. Also, I was thinking, some people want you to tell them right now how your going to vote on the cases that get to the court, which is pretty silly. I mean like, for example, how can you say you are going to rule for Jones if you dont know whether Smith v. Jones is even going to be one of your cases. See what I mean. Its just dumb. Maybe what you ought to tell the senators is that whenever it's time to vote on a case, you'll just call them up and ask them what they want you to do. How can they complain about that. Then you wouldnt have to read any boring briefs or cases and you would have plenty of free time for you're blogging. What do you think?

    XOXOX

    Judy

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger ah luvs me some harriet said…

    re drudge report: luv yr outfit, girlfren. I can tell your taking advice from the sartorial side (LOLOLOL I used "sartorial"!!! ;) - memo to self: check w/condi I used it rite.

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger ah luvs me some harriet said…

    oh - also, judy your SO smart! that's a GREAT idea on how to answer how u'll rule (U RULE!! lololol) and outwit the senators!!

    p.s. what's the girl version for the word "senators"?? that's the male version, rite?

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Karen Zipdrive said…

    I am surprised Drudge is still at it- I thought by now he and Jeff Gannon would have moved to Canada and gotten married.

    p.s. Drudge would definitely be the bride!!

     
  • At 12:55 AM, Blogger dvv7 said…

    Drudge should know that if you would endeavour to approve every thing that is appropriate and deny every thing that is inappropriate, it'll take forever!

    What you do here, it constitutes astonishing woman, maybe the astonishing woman of our times--because important figures don't do blogging and communicate through barriers of their aides. I hope you won't judge me seriously for saying this at 5 am.

    Question that parallels yours: who can nominate me for your Blog Roll to ensure a confirmation http://dvv7.blogspot.com/ :)

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger RP. said…

    I love your philosophy, and I hope it makes its way into many a decision. Like Rodney King said, "Can't we just get along?" Use that in a decision too.

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger DC Pol Sci said…

    Drudge obviously knows a court reporter or two.

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger arse poetica said…

    Harriet,
    Your philosophy is so great!!! It's so moving, I teared up.

    Who needs experience, objectivity, regard for established law, or any of that boring stuff?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker